www.theworldaintemo.blogspot.com

www.theworldaintemo.blogspot.com

Friday, January 8, 2010

Don’t underestimate the power of nature.

I had an interesting conversation today with a friend of mine.

Gist of it was that I used the plantings of trees as a metaphor of my so-called love life. LOL.

Now, I planted this seedling. I watered it, gave it enough fertilizer, and cared for it…maybe a bit too much. But then I didn’t really understood its real needs, and in the end, the sapling didn’t grow. Thus, bearing no fruits. I left the sapling there, for it to fend for itself, as I walked away, dejected.

Then, i planted another seedling. Now this seedling thrived and grew very fast. I was obviously very happy and excited. And when it bore fruit, I was ecstatic. But when i cut open the fruit, it was empty. Nothing inside. Just a shell. And so that tree continued bearing empty fruits, even though it stood there looking all so healthy, seemingly mocking me.

Now, after two failed attempts, I decided to plant one more seedling, but this time, I approached with caution. I tried to avoid any of the old mistakes in the past. The tree grew, and grew it did, into a beautiful tree. I thought, finally, after all this time, a success. The next day, without warning, the tree withered. Just like that.

And I threw in the towel. I gave up. No matter what I do, nothing ever comes out right.’

Might seem like plain nonsense or gibberish, but it makes lot of sense to me…I think.

I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been in the dumps (again) for the past few days. I can’t seem to let go of my past. No one wants to be forgotten, but then again, forgetting and moving on is better than to hope for something that won’t come.

Sometimes you can't blame someone for moving on too fast, you can only blame yourself for being slower.

I tried, but I couldn’t press the ‘send’ button. Sigh.

No comments: