www.theworldaintemo.blogspot.com

www.theworldaintemo.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The world beatboxes. How universal.

Little voice in my head says:

Why do I even bother talking? You don’t listen anyways. Go F*** a squirrel.’

Let it be known that here at theworldaintemo.blogspot.com, I do not support BESTIALITY. Coz its sick, and you might get Squaids. (squirrel AIDS)

So today, I feel very tired. Why? Because I only slept for less than 2 hours yesternight. Why? Oh…I don’t know…probably because I was tossing and turning in my bed, thinking about…well, thinking about stuff I promised myself not to think about anymore? Credits to emo thoughts for making me look like a zombie now.

hhhhhh lack of sleep and lack of sanity.

My swollen eyes and 10-tonnes eyebag. I’m so attractive. =.=

Because like I always say, the ghosts of your past will never leave you alone. Cheebye la.

So anyways, I’ve been thinking (again) that I really want to start a VLOG. Like, video blogging. But I guess I’ll only start when I hit Canada. In a way, it lets me, a talkative person, to rant and rant, while at the same time, share my life with you guys. You know, it’s the closest thing to talking to you guys back home. I know going to University is going to be awesome, and I’ll meet new friends, but you guys still rule my world.

So…unlike conventional blogging…Vlogging actually requires a little bit of investment and much more time. So first off, I need a good camcorder, not top-of-the-range, but something decent to film myself with.

With some research and a tight budget, I narrowed it down to 3 choices.

The Xacti CG10 camcorder. This baby is highly recommended by top gadget critics and seasoned vloggers. It’s really user-friendly, and for all its functions, it comes below USD 200. To quote CrunchGear : ‘At under $200 this thing is absolutely a steal.’ Full review read here.

RCA EZ205 series camcorder. Now if we’re talking about a tight budget here, this thing would be your best bet. However, compared to others, this does not film in HD, so don’t expect cinematic videos or anything. The thumb-up part of this thing is it’s build. As you can see, you can shoot yourself (haha) with the help of the 1.5-inch LCD screen that flips completely out, making it easy to watch while you record yourself. Very vlogger-style piece of gadget. Price? USD 99.99.

Last, the Flip camcorder. This piece of gadget is a close competitor with the RCA EZ205. It has a built in USB port which makes it much more easier for file transfer. It was specifically designed to make YouTube videos, so definitely this tops the ‘compatibility’ and ‘user-friendly’ charts. However…memory size isn’t all that great. There are 2 versions, a 30-min capacity for USD 119, the other 1 hour capacity for USD 149.

Sigh.

Which one? I’m with a tight budget here, so definitely the RCA EZ205 stands out. But then…the Xacti CG10 is like, the best for its price range, and who knows, when september/october comes, it’s price might drop even further? But the Flip boasts user-friendly interface and a software that makes uploading videos to Youtube much more easier.

Oh gawd. Dilemma.

I almost forgot. I’d like to share a piece of happy news with you guys.

 

I GOT ACCEPTED INTO UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA, CANADA!!!

teehee. =)

Dear Li Chung,

Congratulations on your outstanding academic achievement!

We are excited to tell you that an admission offer is on the way. Check your mailbox, as your letter should arrive soon.

Best wishes,

Undergraduate Admissions
University of Victoria


LMAO at ‘outstanding academic achievement’. Tsk tsk. But hey! It may be my 2nd-choice Uni, but it’s good enough for me! At least now I know I’ll definitely be going to Canada. What about my previous offer? You mean Carleton University? Screw that dump. =)



Here’s wishing everyone a happy Chap Goh Meh. Last day of CNY and chinese Valentines Day. Go empty a whole box of mandarin oranges in the lake, you single people.



I already dumped 5 boxes of Grade A+ oranges. This screams DESPO. Meh

No comments: